Cala Figuera is a colourful fishing village with a population of around 500; it comprises houses – most of which are holiday homes – hotels and tourist apartments. The inlet of the cove cuts 700 m inland and the cove is subdivided into 2 smaller coves – Cala d´en Boire and Cala d´en Busques. This cove is recorded on most nautical charts from the 14th century. In medieval times a small landing jetty was built, which was used for loading up Marès sandstone from the quarries in the area. Until the middle of the 20th century fishing was an important activity here, with housing development not starting until 1943.