Campos has been a small village since Prehistory, though the origins of the town are from the Middle Ages. There are many details in the streets which move the visitors to former ages. One of these is ´carrer Nou´, named in 1650, with many Gothic houses. There are also five XVI century defence towers spread across the oldest streets in Campos, being today integrated in houses.
The town hall is the most important civil building. It has its origins in 1580.
At Convent street there is the old Medieval hospital -Gothic style- being nowadays a center for exhibitions and other cultural events.
At the same street there is a Monastery built in 1607 by Sant Francesc de Paula´s monks. The most outstanding feature is its cloister. It is property of the council. Sant Francesc de Paula church was part of the monastery. It has got a XVII century façade and a one-naved basilic ground plan, covered by a semibarrel vault and chapels at the sides.
Sant Julià local temple has its origins in Campos´ foundation, even though its present look corresponds to a XIX century rebuilding. The bell tower was one of the town´s first defence towers and it is the oldest part preserved. Inside there is a big nave with 14 side chapels, with a basilic plant and 25 metres high, covered by a semibarrel vault decorated with stars shapes carved on wood. It helds a local museum with objects and religious works of art from different ages and of great value.
Campos municipal area is flat with a wide rural paths net, well signposted and surfaced with tarmack.