Portopetro is located within the resort of Cala d´Or and is made up of hotels and tourist apartments. Since the 15th century there was a trading port here, which was used for exporting Santanví stone and importing wheat. There was even a customs office to control maritime trade, but at the end of the 19th century its trading function fell by the wayside and it was reduced to a fishing port. It is now a colourful port and is home to the Reial Club Nàutic de Portopetro (Royal Sailing Club); most of the boats here are pleasure craft and this is the departure point for boat trips along the coast to the Cabrera Natural Park. Construction of the first buildings here started at the beginning of the 19th century and in 1959 the tourist transformation started with the building of the Hotel Nereida, with the Club Mediterraneé complex being built two years later.