The municipal district of Sant Llorenç des Cardassar covers an area of 82.1 km2 and has a coastline which runs for 8km along the east of Mallorca. The village of Sant Llorenç was initially a hamlet within the district of Manacor, from which it separated in 1892. The centre of the village is the square of Plaça Nova, where the Parish Church of Sant Llorenç is situated; this single-nave building has a basilical layout and is covered with a semi-circular barrel-vault roof. The first construction dates from the fourteenth century, but the only visible remnant of this is the Portal Dels Homes, which is next to the church. The façade comes from an expansion carried out in the middle of the 19th century. Of note inside is the 13th century Romanesque sculpture of La Mare de Déu Trobada and a Gothic image of the Mother of God with Jesus in Santanyí stone.
The village is a peaceful spot with most of its houses following the traditional Mallorcan style. Of particular note are the flour mills which have been converted for different uses; one of these, the Molí d´en Bou, at the entrance to the village as you approach from Son Servera, is high-cuisine restaurant with a Michelin star.
On the outskirts of Sant Llorenç is the old train station, which was constructed in the 19th century and which ceased to function in 1977. There is a movement to bring back the train to this station; at the moment trains reach the end of the line at Manacor, which is just 7 km away.