Es Migjorn Gran

Es Migjorn Gran, Menorca

Es Migjorn Gran is a small town that was founded in 1796 around the church dedicated to St. Christopher, still today the most important building here. Until 1988, the town was named after the church and it was not until the following year that it became administratively separate from Es Mercadal and a municipality in its own right, when it became known as Es Migjorn Gran.


This peaceful town has narrow streets lined with houses with whitewashed façades, a typical picture-postcard view of rural Minorca.

Leave a Reply